Published on July 24th, 2015 | by Janine Giorgenti0
Why a Custom Dress Shirt (and how it Should Fit)
How to Check if your Custom Shirt ‘Fits’. By Janine Giorgenti We all come in different shapes and sizes. Ready-to-wear dress shirts are cut for the “average build”. To get the proper fit, comfort, and the
best selection of fabric – coupled with styling that is truly flattering for your face shape and physique; having your shirts custom-made is the answer.
The following is a checklist on how your custom-made dress shirt should fit.
1. While the shirt is buttoned, you should be able to slide two fingers between your neck and collar.
2. When you move your arm in your custom dress shirt, the sleeves should be long enough so that cuffs do not ride up your wrist.
3. The cuffs of your custom made shirt should just be tight enough that they do not hang over your hand. You should not be able to slip into shirtsleeves without first undoing buttons on the cuff.
4. Your custom-made dress shirt should give you a sculptures shape, yet be comfortable and not too tight. A properly measured and constructed shirt will not pull uncomfortably across the shoulders, chest or waist.
5. The buttons of your shirt should be securely fastened. A high-quality custom shirt has no loose threads and the buttons are well placed with no gaping holes exposing your chest or waist.
6. With a proper fitted custom dress shirt you will be able to raise your arms without the shirttail coming out of your pants.
7. The armholes of your custom dress shirt should not hang to low, nor should the sleeves around your bicep and forearm be too baggy.
8. A well-fitted custom-made dress shirt should look make you look substantial, successful and well-dressed.
It takes up to (6) washings for a custom dress shirt to fully shrink. For this reason, the collar of a brand new shirt has a half inch extra room or it will become too tight.
Starting January 20th, Janine Giorgenti will give her customers 20% off on custom-made dress shirts with an order of 4 or more (this does not apply to orders taken before January 20th).
Call (646) 957-6916 or click below to schedule an appointment with Janine and get fitted for your next custom made dress shirt. Finish the look with a fabulous shirt and tie combination!
Have any questions? Call us at (646) 957-6916 or leave us a note below.
[contact-form-7 id=”46″ title=”CONTACT US Footer”]